Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Outdoor Wednesday Yosemite Part I

Good day dear bloggers! I have great news, I found my camera! It's been missing for about 3 weeks and I had lost hope of ever finding it. But a few days ago, I told my 4 year old daughter that I would give her $5 if she found my camera. Since she's small, I figured she could crawl under tables, desks, nooks and crannies a lot better than I can. But no camera. Then just yesterday, she helped herself to $5 from my wallet and asked, " Can I have this Mommy? You said you'd give me $5 if I found your camera." Before I could say a word, she romped over to my laundry room, dug into a crate of shoes, and pulled out my camera! She never fessed up to hiding it, but rather claimed to have a "hunch" that it was there. She took my $5.

Speaking of daughters, today's Outdoor Wednesday is courtesy of my 16 year old daughter's photos of her camping trip to Yosemite last week. Please be sure to visit Susan @ A Southern Darydreamer for more outdoor fun.

This is my Sweet 16 DD on the right and her BFF who invited her on her family trip to Yosemite.


They camped outside of Yosemite at East Fork Campground set along Rock Creek.


I heard they cought 11 trout!

She captured some great shots, didn't she?






This is one of my favorites.

They took a day trip into Yosemite National Park. In my opinion, it's one of the most beautiful places on the face of the earth.

The landscape ranges from meadows and ponds...
to crystal clear mountain lakes....
to majestic mountain ranges.

Doesn't the view just take your breath away?




Any rock climbers out there?



Isn't this gorgeous?

Thank you, Sweetie, for the tour.


I have so much more to share, that I thought I'd save some for next time. So make sure to visit Part II of Yosemite next week on Outdoor Wednesday!

Till next time,

18 comments:

Ebie said...

A smart 4 year old Lorna! But thank goodness,she found it. I don't know how you survived without knowing where your camera is. These are beautiful photos. So majestic, clear rippling lakes. I've been to Yosemite in winter and it was no fun. Last May, I was half way on Tioga pass to Yosemite but decided not to proceed. I look forward to Part II or even more series. Enjoy your week!

Tootsie said...

I have a 4 year old that functions pretty much the same way!!! lol
your photos are outstanding. what a beautiful place!

My name is Riet said...

Those pictures are beautiful. Breathtaking views indeed. Glad you have your camera back. LOl. Your little one is just like all the little ones in the world. Smart! LOL

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

What a cute story about your 4 yr old! Glad you found your camera! Your daughter's trip to Yosemite and the photo's were breathtaking! Someday I would love to visit out west and see all that beautiful part of our country.
~Patti

Dawn said...

Your daughter's Yosemite photos are wonderful. I live close but haven't been in a few years. We used to camp there every summer when I was a kid with all our extended family. We would ride down the river on rafts and tubes then catch the bus, dripping wet, back to the campground!
Dawn

xinex said...

Your daughter is so cute and quite a photographer, Lorna. Breathtaking views! Hubby took me on a hike there a long time ago and we both could not walk the next day. Those rocks are steep especially the one where they had to build tall steps. But it was quite an experience....Christine

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Lorna! The photos are just magestic. So beautiful and magical. Your daughter did a very good job of capturing the surroundings didn't she? She is just precious. I love the photo of the jeans with the person holding the flower. That is simply devine. Great post. Country Hugs, Sherry

teachermomof2 said...

Your beautiful daughter did a great job capturing how majestic Yosemite is during her visit.

Thanks for sharing!

Blessings,
Lisa

Regina said...

Great view and shots. Truly a nice adventure.
Happy outdoor.

Lynette said...

What a beautiful place and the pics were simply stunning!!

Loved the story of your 4 year old and camera - too cute!!

Thanks for sharing your pics with us -

Happy Hump Day and if you get a chance, stop by my place and enter my first ever giveaway -

http://lynetteslam.blogspot.com/2009/07/xpres-urself-etsy-style.html

Crystal said...

Hi Lorna,
It is so great to visit you again. I am so glad you found your camera. Yes, those 4 year olds are quite smart, aren't they? Now your 16 year old is a budding photographer. What awesome photos. I just flew over the Alps and they had snow caps too. Hard to believe when it is summer time??
Thanks for sharing!
Crystal

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

I love Yosemite. I haven't been since I was a teenager. The only thing I didn't like were the bears. You daughter took some amazing photos. And I loved the story about your little one & your camera. Too cute!!! At least you got your camera back.

Claudia said...

I so want to go to this park-- it looks fantastic.

I really felt horrible for you when you first said you had lost your camera...

OOOH my ... loosing my boyfriend (lol thats what i call my camera) would be devistating to me.

Thanks for sharing...

TTFN~~Claudia ♥

Elaine said...

I haven't been to Yosemite in years! Thanks for the lovely memories!

Simply Debbie said...

Happy Belated Outdoor Wednesday Lorna,
your daughter is beautiful and her pictures are just awesome. I have never been there....but I feel like I have now.
I am glad your 4 year old business woman made her bargain for 5.00.....you could not begin to replace your camera for a mere 5.00...
I was reading some missed posts while I was here and I L♥VE YOUR WINDOWS HUNG....THAT IS BEAUTIFUL...IT TRULY LOOKS LIKE THOSE WINDOWS WERE MADE FOR THAT SPOT......L♥VE IT
Have a good day
Angel Hugs
debbie

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Gorgeous pics - what a place! Also love the windows in your Met Monday - great idea! Linda

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Lorna, these are beautiful photos and beautiful girls. Your daughter is so pretty. Now, what do you think the little one might have been trying to tell you by hiding your camera? What a smart little girl to collect the $5 from you! That is so funny! laurie

Allidink said...

Haha what an interesting camera tale..lol. Love those photos! Such a beautiful place!

All the best,
Allison

Blog Widget by LinkWithin