I've tested this recipe a couple of times now, and am satisfied that it's just like the one at the pancake house. Now I can make about 4 of these for my hungry crowd without the $40 check!
I can't believe how simple, inexpensive, and fun it is to make.
I hope you try it, and maybe you could serve this to MOM on Mother's Day! And of course, I'm linking with Michael Lee @ Designs by Gollum for Foodie Friday.
Till next time,
- 1/4 C butter
- 1 C all-purpose flour
- 1 C milk
- 6 eggs
- 1/8 t salt
- Powdered sugar
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Melt butter into a cast iron skillet (I divided the batter between a large 12 inch and a small 8 inch) or a large casserole dish ( swirl the butter evenly in the dish).
- Blend flour, milk eggs, and salt in a blender just until evenly blended. Do not whip too long.
- Pour into prepared skillets or baking dish.
- Bake in center of rack for about 16-18 minutes, until golden brown and fluffy. Do not overcook, or it will be a bit dry.
- Sprinkle generously with powdered sugar and serve with lemon wedges to be squeezed on top.