The flowers were blooming and the birds were singing. We even had our annual pair of robins building their nest at one corner of the porch.
Each guest had a small terracotta pot of verbena to take home as a keepsake.
I purchased these pewter bunny napkin rings from a yard sale. I'm so glad to finally use them.
Our brunch menu consisted of a ham and potato casserole, quiche, polish sausages, baked blueberry and pecan french toast, sliced tomatoes, fresh fruit, coffee, tea, and orange juice. Yes, we were a hungry crowd!
I'll be sharing the recipe for the baked french toast at the end of this post.
It was a lovely morning filled with food, friends, fellowship, and the beauty of a perfect spring day.
Thank you for stopping by for brunch! Please make sure to visit our gracious hostesses, Susan @ BNOTP for Tablescape Thursday and Michael @ Designs by Gollum for Foodie Friday participants.
I hope you give the baked french toast a try, it's a winner recipe!
Till next time,
Baked French Toast with Blueberries and Pecans
- 12 slices of day-old French bread cut into 1 1/2 inch thickness
- 5 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Arrange bread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. You may have to squeeze them in tight or use a larger pan. Deeper lasagna pans work well. In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, 3/4 cup brown sugar, vanilla and nutmeg; pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. *Note: I've also used Splenda brand brown sugar if you're watching your sugar intake. Just follow Splenda directions (use 1/2 the amount of Splenda)
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Sprinkle pecans over egg mixture. Combine butter and remaining sugar; drizzle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with blueberries. Bake 10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.